If anyone is interested in being a part of the contest time is running out - the deadline is this Sat.
Here are the rules - (NOTE: Only 5 entries allowed this year instead of the past 6) The rest of the rules are pretty much the same.
Also these rules and official entry cards can be downloaded and printed out in a PDF from at the Brazoria County Fair's Website: http://www.bcfa.org/forms_1.html
PHOTOGRAPHIC ART EXHIBIT
SCHOLARSHIP SPONSORED BY TEXAS GULF BANK
Joe Stepchinsky & Gina Stepchinsky
ENTRY FEE PER EXHIBITOR NOT PER EXHIBIT: YOUTH 18 AND UNDER $1.00 – ADULTS 19 TO 59 YEARS $5.00 – SENIORS 60 YEARS AND OLDER $1.00
Entry Deadline: Saturday, October 8, 2005
Arrival Time: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Place: Hall of Exhibits Building
Judging: Sunday, October 9, 2005, 1:00 pm
Awards: Saturday, October 15, 2005, 4:00 pm
Release Date: Sunday, October 23, 2005, 10:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Registration card may be picked up at the Fair Office or may be received by calling (979) 849-6416.
1. Only residents of Brazoria County are eligible to submit entries. Camera work must be the work of the person submitting. The work must not have been entered before.
2. Persons submitting entries are responsible for obtaining permission and model releases from all recognizable persons in their photographs.
3. No person shall be permitted to submit more than 5 entries. If the number of entries should exceed the display space, the entries not displayed shall be the lowest scoring. However, each entrant will have at least one entry displayed.
4. All entries must be accompanied by an official entry blank available from the Brazoria County Fairgrounds office.
5. No print smaller than 8" x 10" or larger than 16" x 20".
6. Photos must be mounted on any color of 16" x 20" foam board (no poster board). All entries must be mounted
vertically with the 20” dimension being the vertical height and the 16” being the width of the entry.
7. Exhibitor’s name should not appear on the front of the entry.
8. No glass or frames are allowed. Mats are allowed but must be of a size to fit an 8” X 10” or larger photo.
9. Entries accepted must remain for the duration of the Fair. Although reasonable care will be exercised, neither the Fair
Association or the Photography Committee will be responsible for exhibits. All participants are subject to the general rules of the Fair Association, unless otherwise noted.
10. Judging - All photographs will be judged upon content, quality, originality, and composition. Decisions by the judges are final.
NO ONE MAY BE PRESENT DURING JUDGING.
11. Photographic Display – The Photo Display category may be any combination of 3 to 5 photos depicting a place or event. All photos, which may be of varying sizes, should be mounted on one 16” X 20” foam board and will constitute one entry. Entries should include a brief description of place mounted on the front of display, time, and photo equipment used.
12. Digitally Enhanced – Any photos that have been digitally enhanced using computer software. Photos must be original work of exhibitor and exhibitor must do own computer work.
13. Scholarship - A photo scholarship shall be awarded to the senior in a Brazoria County High School who exhibits the best portfolio. The portfolio is to consist of five (5) prints, each vertically mounted on 16” X 20” foam board. Exception: Two Photo Displays allowed as part of 5 prints. Entrant must fill out scholarship application form, available at the fair office, which includes a teacher reference.
Student - Anyone enrolled in a Brazoria County school, Kindergarten through 12th grade.
Amateur - Anyone who is a hobbyist photographer. Pictures may be developed and printed by the photographer or commercially.
Professional - Anyone who earns a substantial portion of their living performing photographic services. Professional
entries may be processed and printed by the exhibitor or commercially.
1. Weddings (professional only)
4. Pets and Wildlife
10. Photographic Display
11. Black and White (all subjects)
12. Digitally Enhanced
Awards will be given to the entries as follows:
1. First, Second, and Third
2. Honorable Mention
B. Special Ribbons
1. Best of Class (one in each category)
2. Most Original (one in each category)
3. Outstanding (as determined by judges)
4. Portfolio Rosettes – All scholarship participants will receive a rosette with winner receiving a scholarship rosette.
C. Special Awards
1. Members of the Photo Committee will decide on a Chairman’s Award for a photo of their choice.
2. During the show visitors may vote for their top photos in the People’s Choice Awards. The five receiving the most
votes will be designated as winners.
D. Best of Show
Photos designated as Best of Class will be entered in the Best of Show competition. Judges will select a Best of
Show winner for student, amateur, and professional divisions.
A $400.00 scholarship will be awarded the high school senior who has the first place portfolio.