Real First Name
    George
    Camera
    Canon 5D II
    Can Others Edit My Photos
    Yes
    Likes Given

Indoor\Outdoor Photo Locations

Does anyone know of any good indoor or outdoor locations good for photographing Children in or around Allen, TX?

Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates

Real First Name
    Jack
    Camera
    Nikon D80
    No
    Likes Given
    Why don't you go to Watters Creek in Allen? They have million different places to pose the kids and get a nice background.
    Jack Dickson

Real First Name
    Peter
    Camera
    Nikon
    Yes
    Likes Given
    What he said. But stay out of the harsh sun, there are planty of canopy trees to maximize the softbox or northern light feel.
    Putting the Ahh! in Photography.
    There are two types of photographers; those that get it right in the camera and those that waste a hell of a lot of time in Photoshop.

Real First Name
    Michael
    Camera
    Canon
    No
    Likes Given
    George,

Your request is so vague it's really going to be hard for someone to help you. Please be more specific.

At least give us a feel for how they will be dressed, or the type of photograph you are going to be wanting to capture. If you don't have a target in mind, how do you know you are aiming in the right direction. Most clients will look to you for direction. Pick one and figure out a way to aim toward it.

For example, I want to find a formal indoor place, that has a piano and a oriental rug.
    Another, I would like to have a place where children can run and maybe play on a swing without a distracting background.

I live at Custer and McDermott in Plano. I will be glad to help you. Private message me with your phone number and we will connect.
    Michael Wayne
    (blog) (website)

Real First Name
    George
    Camera
    Canon 5D II
    Yes
    Likes Given
    I usually photograph families and kids at the Dallas Arboretum, but the family isn't interested in going there. The family (2 adults, 2 pre-teen kids) will be dressed in blue jeans and polo tops. The main photos will be of the kids with just a few of the family together (their request).

I am looking for a place with shade trees, benches, flowers, a water feature, bridge, and a wood fence. Because of their availability, 9 am may be the earliest we can meet. I definitely want a place to avoid the hash sun. Because of the heat and crowds, I also want to try to avoid late afternoon.

I use Watters for business photos, but I'm not sure it will work in this case. There are many open spaces and because of the time of day, I am looking for more shade. The only trees I recall are down by the water near Brio. The horse statues and bridge are in open sun. Bethany Lakes Park and Celebration Park have too much open sun too. But maybe there are pockets I don't know about.

I don't usually photograph families indoors, so I am open to suggestions. I'm with you, Michael, on having a direction and vision before hand. I'm looking for suggestions so I can have that clear in my mind before meeting with the client. The photo shoot is scheduled a few weeks from now.

Real First Name
    Paul
    Camera
    Canon
    Yes
    Likes Given
    Have you considered Haggard park in Plano? There is a Gazebo, shaded areas, some water with a bridge.

Here's a link
    Plano Parks and Recreation Leisure OnLine : Parks/Facilities

Real First Name
    Brandi
    Camera
    Canon
    No
    Likes Given
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulP View Post
    Have you considered Haggard park in Plano? There is a Gazebo, shaded areas, some water with a bridge.

Here's a link
    Plano Parks and Recreation Leisure OnLine : Parks/Facilities
    +1 This is a good go to place for really standard stuff like you're describing.