Do I have:
1. U.S. Passport or other recommended ID for U.S. citizens? (Carry it; do not pack it).
( U.S. Department of State: Travel )
2. Green Card (Form I-551) or document for Lawful Permanent Residents? (Advance Parole if LPR status is pending). ( U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services ) Failure to have Form I-551 or document for lawful permanent residents could result in a $545 waiver fee.
3. Notarized travel permission letters for minors traveling without their parents? Entry documentation for the country(ies) I will be visiting? (Is a visa required?)
( U.S. Department of State: Document Requirements )
4. Only the medication that I need for my trip and in its original container?
5. Receipts or registration paperwork (CBP Form 4457) for any new electronics, such as a camera or laptop, that Iím taking with me? (Only suggested if traveling with recently purchased goods. Not necessary for goods more than 6 months old.)
6. Proof of Rabies vaccinations for my dog if they are traveling with me? (Recommended but not required for cats. Check for requirements regarding other pets.) ( USDA APHIS: Pet Travel )
7. Permits and/or certificates if bringing restricted animal and plant commodities regulated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.
8. Appraisals or receipts if Iím traveling with a lot of new jewelry?
9. Valid driverís license? Do I need an international driverís license in the country I am visiting?
( International Driving Permit Application Instructions )
( American Automobile Association )
10. An envelope to put all the receipts for my purchases? (This will make filling out the CBP declaration easier.)
11. Copy of this Know Before You Go brochure?
Information on items that do not have a Web site address after them can be found in this brochure or on the Travel page. ( Travel )