- Category: Challenges
- Published Saturday, November 10 2012 2:00pm
- Written by Abel Longoria
I wandered into a very quirky storefront in Galveston Texas and came across a book that caught my attention. I picked it up, thumbed through a few pages and was hooked. I bought it. The book is named The Burning House: What Would You Take? by Foster Huntington and the basic concept is so intriguing I knew I had to bring it home. The concept is basic. Your house is on fire, what would you grab on your way out the door? This simple question really makes you stop, think and realize what is truly meaningful to you.
Once I flipped through every single page of this book I just knew that I wanted to participate and see what the members of our community would come up. I first began to walk around my own house and think what I myself would take had I only had a minute or two to grab what meant the most to me. It didn't take long for me to narrow down what I would take so I gathered them up and shot a photo of them in order to share.
My items were pretty simple:
- An autographed guitar from one of my favorite bands - Blue October
- My ALL ACCESS passes from that same band which hold a great deal of sentimental value because they represent all of the great people and friends I've made along the way over the past few years
- 4 external hard drives containing ALL of my digital photos
- Canon 5D Mark II camera
- Birth Certificate
- My favorite shoes which have been worn all over the country on my travels
Please visit this thread in our community and see what our members have submitted and also feel free to submit your own:
This exercise will make you think and realize what it is you truly hold valuable in your own household.